Friday, November 21, 2008

Pop Culture Phenomenon

Okay, so I couldn't help myself. I just had to write a post about the pop culture phenomenon that is Twilight, the movie that is. Yes, I was one of the few mom's surrounded by hundred's of screaming teenie-boppers at the opening of this movie, 12:01am CST. I have to admit that I didn't have high hopes for this movie (definitely the best way to go into a movie), but was pleasantly surprised. Now, don't get me wrong, the acting was definitely sketchy in parts, most of the special effects obviously low budget, but the feeling was right. That was really all I wanted. Oh, and the Stephenie Meyer wit that made her books so unique? Yup, it was there. I can say that I am content, I already want to go see it again, and I will definitely own it. And please, please, please let them do New Moon.

The teenie's were not so impressed. I'm sure they expected way more out of it than they got. The plot line was scewed (as any book adaptaion has to be), but they got the main parts in. Kristen Stuart and Robert Pattinson had obvious chemistry and the more I type the more I wish I could watch it again right now!

Okay, so I will be useless to my children tomorrow, and hubby will have to make his own darn dinner. But I am off to bed, with sweet, sweet dreams of Rob--- I mean Edward.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited!!! I trust your judgement! I think I will like it! I have seen the reviews and they say that the heart is there, and just that they only "if's" were the special effects. We will see it tonight!

Julie said...

I'm so jealous! I couldn't get my tickets until the Saturday evening showing - they've been sold out of the midnight one for like a month here!
I just wanted to let you know, too, that they announced that they will be doing at least the next two movies. :)

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTI!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Jamie Smith said...

I love the review! I felt the same way! I went in with low expectations, so I enjoyed the show and loved the humor that was in it! All in all it was great and fun to get out! I wish I could have gone at 12 with you guys!

katie said...

glad that you were surprised and that you had fun!

i knew it would be a bit hokey and i was a bit right. i did not hate the movie but i did not love love love it. i think i hyped it up way too much in my head but oh well...we sure had fun so it made it all worth it!

The Shirleys said...

I am glad you got to get out and watch it. I am also glad you liked it.

I hope you had sweet dreams! :)

Kim said...

Missing your blogs! I Know you are busy! MERRY CHRISTMAS! MAY IT BE SAFE AND HAPPY AND FILLED WITH LOVE!

Crystal said...

Hey I was reading Julies blog and then I started blog stalking from her blog list and found you, so i added you to my blog list!
So hello!

Counter