Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nathan's First Day of School

So the first of September was Nathan's first day of school... well, sort of. Some girls in my ward and I got together and started a little co-op preschool. There are six kids and two mom's do one week, a Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am-12pm. One mom teaches the other is just there to help. I get two weeks off and then one week to just help, two weeks off and then teach one week. It has been so nice and Nathan just loves it. He gets to take a sack lunch and they eat at 11:30pm. I get time with Caden, or just to run errands.



Okay, so I did get a little teary eyed, but I am sure it will be worse when he starts "real" school.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this! how great for y'all!

Lyssa Beth said...

That's so fun. I was going to do that with some ladies in the ward but come to find the "head" lady only wanted 3 kids in the group so I was kicked out...so I now have to become creative alone at home...

Courtney said...

He's getting so big! Crazy he's started "school". so fun for you and him!

Kim said...

Christi this is so great! I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is looking more like his daddy every day, but I still his mommy. Won't be long and the girls will be calling.:)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Look how handsome he is! That sounds like a good rotation you guys are doing. I'm too lazy to do the at home preschool. Well actually, it just causes too much anxiety for the week I would be teaching, so kudos to you!! I know you will have a lot of fun and so will Nathan. Ryan has already learned so much from being in preschool for just a month!!

The Shirleys said...

I love the up close picture of him with his Lightning McQueen bag. He is such cute kid!

I am gla dthings are working out with Bella. She is a cute little dog.

I hope Caden is feeling well.

Sarager Family said...

That is so cute I can't believe it

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lot of fun for him... and you! Enjoy your new found free time :) And have fun being creative with the kiddos!

Counter