Saturday, October 31, 2009

Not Another Update!

I couldn't call this an update because I already have too many of those. So, here is what has been going on since my last update. Scott got an opportunity to transfer through USAA to Phoenix, AZ to help expand their mortgage department. It also came with a nice promotion to manager and raise. Scott and I, unlike many people, never felt connected to TX. He grew up in the Phoenix area, in Chandler, and I consider myself a California girl, or at least west coast so we jumped at the opportunity. We knew it would be difficult to sell our home in San Antonio, but had the option of living with Scott's parents and siblings while we waited. Unfortunately it was an hour and half drive for Scott from his parents in Queen Creek to north Phoenix. But we didn't have to pay rent and the kids got A LOT of time to spend getting to know their grandparents.

It wasn't easy living in a 2000sq ft home with theree bedrooms and two and a hlaf baths with six adults and two kids, but we survived, and all relationships are still intact. While we were there, Gary, my father-in-law taught me how to fish, which I actually love, despit still not having caught a thing. Everyone was so helpful with the kids which was good because there was a lot of stuff they couldn't get into. Taylor, Scott's youngest brother, proposed and married a fabulous girl, Patricia. Ashley was pretty busy as she works crazy hours, and we didn't see much of her at all. I got to be part of a writing group that was fabulous and Nathan started preschool.

Taylor and Patricia

The hardest part was being pregnant and sick. I didn't do much but sit on the couch and spend time in the bathroom. It was very stressful on me, living with my inlaws, so it wasn't too surprising that I ended up in the hopital at 28 weeks with preterm labor. But they have this new test called a fetal fibronectin test that checks for a protein that is released when your cervix starts to thin. If it comes back negative there is a 99% chance that you won't have a baby in the next to weeks. I was negative every time but they still wanted me to take it easy becuase of that 1%.

Finally at the beginning of August we sold our home. It had been three months since we moved, and we were anxious to get into a home closer to Scott's work before the baby came. On September 25th we moved into our house in Sun City, AZ (yes, that's the city with all the old people, but we live in a very family friendly neighborhood). Barely three weeks later, and four weeks early I had Brynlee Jean (see next post).

So, this is actually the house next door to ours, but it is exactly the same as ours.

This is our front entry and the boys 'race way.'

This is our huge living room.

My beautiful kitchen!

Master bath.

Kids upstairs bath.

Huge laundry room!

Amazing loft!

So here we are in our new home, three kids and over twice the space we had in San Antonio. It is a great time to buy here if you can! Our home is 3207sq.ft., so please feel free to come and visit, we have plenty of room. Oh, and my sweet mom bought us a really nice queen sized guest bed (she wanted to be comfortable), that she said other guests are welcome to use when she is not here. We have four bedrooms, two and half baths, a great room down stairs, as well as a small sitting area right as you come in the front door (it is currently the toy room). Upstairs is 34' by 18' loft, and every bedroom has a walk in closet. The masters is downstairs, which I am actually loving and I finally have my separate shower and tub. Okay, I really am not trying to brag, I am just still in awe that we got such a fabulous deal. It is too much house for us right now, but we never want to move! This is where we hope to raise our kids and kick them out of the house. After that we might down size, but we'll see. So, if you are ever in the area, look us up!


The Shirleys said...

Okay...I am loving your kitchen and laundry room! The master bath is pretty nice too. I am so glad you were able to find something so nice. HOpefully we will be as lucky when we start looking for a home.

If you don't plan on moving again I might get out to see you before the kids are all grown and gone. :)

The Shirleys said...

Oh are such a cute pregnant lady. I love the picture of you and Nathan! You are looking so good! How far a long were you?

J&J Priest said...

welcome to AZ. hope you like it. hehe,we're a couple of hours away from you. enjoy your home :) its awesome.


how wonderful! I loved your update :)

Rachel said...

I'm sooo glad you did an update on your blog. It's great to hear how you guys are all doing! First off...Christine you look great! And secondly... Congrats Scott on the promotion! And thirdly... LOVE the house, esp the kitchen. :)